A brief on Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I (401) Exam
The Exam is said to be conducted for 105 minutes, comprising a total of 60 Multiple Type Questions (MCQs).
However, the candidate needs to have at least 68% to clear the examination.
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I has been exclusively designed for those students who have a working skills, experience and good knowledge on the Lightning Platform in building programmatic and custom declarative applications. An individual needs to create the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications, develop custom applications using Apex and Visualforce and should be familiar with the development lifecycle from development to testing, and know the available environments
The Industry knowledge counts for a total of 46% weight of total syllabus.
This section of the course helps aspirants with the perk of describing how to programmatically access and utilise the object schema, capabilities and use cases for formula fields, instances for roll-up summary fields, the declarative process automation features and usage of declarative automation features vs Apex classes and triggers.
It also covers the basic patterns that is used in classes and triggers to process data effectively along with description of the implications of governor limits on Apex transactions.
Needless to state that another 12% of the examination deals –
- Determine the appropriate data model.
- Complete Description of the capabilities of the many relationship types that is there, and the implications of each relationship types on user interface (UI), record access and object oriented programming
- Describe the impact of schema design and modifications on Apex Development.
Effectively, another 10% of the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer Exam syllabi comprise the following section of Fundamentals of Salesforce. It covers:
- Description of the considerations when developing in a multi-tenant environment.
- Implementation of the Salesforce platform features map to the MVC pattern.
- With the help of AppExchange, extend an application’s capabilities to identify the common scenarios.
- In the Salesforce schema, describe all the capabilities of the objects of core CRM.
- Given a scenario, identify common use cases for declarative customization.
Testing covers the minor part of the syllabus for the exam, i.e., 10% of the curriculum. It includes:
- Describe the testing framework and requirements for deployment.
- Describe how to write unit tests for Controllers, classes, and triggers.
- Describe to use various sources of test data (When and how).
- Describe how one or multiple test classes can be executed.
- Describe the differences between invoking Apex in execute anonymous vs unit tests.